Sunday, December 1, 2013

Don't Just Let the Time Go


Practicing, Emotional, Self Learning!

Luk Lak Beef is my favorite dish 
My Birthday 
This probably a short blog updated about my life. When I started living in the State I found many things I have to challenge on myself. Those things are about: feeling of sadness, excited, loneliness, confusion, happy, weakness... So what to do when I got those feeling? When I got those kinds of feeling I just try to relax but relax by keeping myself busy, connecting with people surround me, talking to my families. I don't lock myself in the room because as long as I lock myself in the room it means I let those feeling come to me. How is my relationship with God grow? At the first week I arrived my host family that was a very difficult time for me because those feeling came to me but in the same time I felt I was very connected to God. I spent time praying, reading bible and praise him with the great opportunity. But do you know what happened next? As long as I started making friends with people and those kind of feeling are not with me I forget about my relationship with God. To be honest some time I lie myself and some of you may have experienced that also. Sometime I talked to myself OK Sophea today you have to read bible and spend your time with God but you probably know what happen, I only talked to myself and I do not do it. Nothing embarrassing than you lie your self. These few days I spent time do reflection about my life and I realized that the time is going very fast and sometime I just let the time go by doing nothing. Doing nothing in this context is about my relationship with God. So I shouldn't just let the time go but I should priority God in my daily day. The other things that I found about myself in here is I enjoy cooking Khmer food for my host family and their friends. All people in here know everything about Thai food and it is good that I am here so that I can present our Khmer foods to them and they love our Cambodian Foods. I miss you HOME SWEET HOME. 


I love to share you my favorite bible verse: Philippians 4:13

13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.



9 comments:

  1. Sophea, I love your honesty and openness. It's true, it's easy for us to forget about our loving God when things are going well. Good on you for making an effort to building your relationship with God. Keep up the good work! Awesome to hear your host family enjoys Khmer food - I bet you're a great cook now!

    Hope you had a great first Thanksgiving and have an awesome Christmas!

    Blessings to you!

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jean I did have a great thanksgiving with my host family and friends. My cooking skill is improving and I can run a restaurant when I go back :D.

      Peace!
      Sophea

      Delete
    2. It's great you present Khmer food there. I know that even if you can cook many type of Khmer food, there are a lot more you are still missing and to eat now :D

      Delete
    3. Yes you are right I still missed prenty of Khmer food such as Kdam Bray, Paork, Prohuk, Terk Krerng. My Spittle gonna come out when I imagine about those foods.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophea! I've experienced the same thing - knowing what I need is time with the Lord, but not making it priority. Thanks for sharing your heart so honestly! And isn't He so wonderful to keep loving us so richly even when we're so silly?!
    And your look lac looks delicious! So proud of you! Love, B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He is really generous to us even when we were very silly. Living without HIM life is empty. I miss all of you too.

      Delete
  4. keep writing Sophea, in 10 years you will appreciate this blog and happy that you have a good memory about your year in the States. You are shining for God over there. I heard a lot of good things about you :-) Go Cambodia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sister. Wow why it has to be 10 years? It seems very long hahahaha. I am glad to heard they shared you good things about me :-) Yeah GO Cambodia!!

      Delete