Sunday, September 29, 2013

Daily Reflection

At international festival, Love in different languages
My daily journey in the new land is about 1 month 2 weeks already, wow the time is running so fast. Getting adjusted to the new culture I feel it is easy but sometime it does give me hard time since I miss tasting my foods, seeing friends and families. The most difficult thing is when you know that your family or friend are in trouble and you couldn't be there to comfort them.  


Why am I here? I am here for a purpose. Surely, I am here to learn and to share. In here, I am interested how do people paying attention from day to day about the temperature. Every time I meet people they have been asking me how many degree temperature in Cambodia? I have no idea what should I respond since I have never been paying attention at all and I just responded them :D hahaha sorry I don't know how many since I never care about it but mostly it is hot. I do enjoy living in a countryside with the beautiful landscape around me and I am surprised to see deer, skunk when I go to work but I do not enjoy with the temperature since everyone say oh I am hot but I feel very chilly and need to have my sweater on most of the time, my skin would be better when I go back :D. At work I know a lot of people and start to make friends with them.

I am attending in a church name Park View Mennonite with my host family which about 350-400 congregations. They sing hymnal song and the style of worship is different from my church country. I miss singing praise song but I enjoy going to this church and know more about Mennonite value. 

2 comments:

  1. We all in East coast miss you . We all looking forward to reconnecting in midyear conference
    Pray for us and pray for other ivepers in US and Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing east cost IVEPERs this Friday :-) for the relief sale. More chances to meet you guys.

    ReplyDelete